On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 04:15:05PM -0500, Crow, Owen wrote:
Hi,
> When I check my nessusd.messages log, I see that these plugins also ran
> before my tests:
> logins
> smb_scope
> smtp_settings
> http_ids_evasion
> ids_evasion
> third_party_domain
>
> According to the log, this only took 3 seconds to accomplish, but when I'm
> scanning a class B network, that adds up to 55 hours. Assuming a best case
> where running in parallel, they run just as fast and I run 30 concurrent
> hosts, that still adds up to almost 2 hours extra for these tests.
>
> Is there a way to turn them off for such minimal tests as I listed above?
Delete them. These checks set some prefs in the KB. If you don't use
these prefs, you can disable these checks by suppressing them from your
disk.
Note that these tests don't send packets over the network, and should be
faster than 3 seconds (on my PIII 600, they take 0.04 secs each).
> If I ran the tests with 1 concurrent test per host and the ping_host failed,
> would Nessus stop before running the other tests?
Yes it would.
-- Renaud
-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]: general discussions about Nessus.
* To unsubscribe, send a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe nessus" in the body.