Using the Linux Nessus client, I launched a single test against a host and
selected just these plugins (safe mode, optimized):
ping_host (ICMP)
http_version
apache_ssl_overflow
apache_chunked_encoding

When I check my nessusd.messages log, I see that these plugins also ran
before my tests:
logins
smb_scope
smtp_settings
http_ids_evasion
ids_evasion
third_party_domain

According to the log, this only took 3 seconds to accomplish, but when I'm
scanning a class B network, that adds up to 55 hours.  Assuming a best case
where running in parallel, they run just as fast and I run 30 concurrent
hosts, that still adds up to almost 2 hours extra for these tests.

Is there a way to turn them off for such minimal tests as I listed above?  

If I ran the tests with 1 concurrent test per host and the ping_host failed,
would Nessus stop before running the other tests?  Right now, I'm running
with 10 concurrent tests (to catch all the above tests), but that way it has
to wait for the three other tests I ran to time-out waiting on port 80.

Thanks,
Owen Crow
Systems Programmer (Unix)
BMC Software, Inc.
-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]: general discussions about Nessus.
* To unsubscribe, send a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe nessus" in the body.

Reply via email to