Hello Max,

If you got the tool from the authors website there is a doc section
where he explains how ARP works, and how to play with it a bit. Maybe
you overlooked it but there's a section in the document that contains
more info about arping.

Here's the url: http://www.habets.pp.se/synscan/docs.php

Hope I helped a bit.

Rick

Sunday, March 16, 2003, 2:23:34 AM, you wrote:

MK> Hello -

MK> Has anybody ever thought of using arping as reliable way of checking for
MK> host availability? I just came across it a while ago by chance and have
MK> been doing some experimentation with it. It seems that it works fine
MK> with sites that are blocking ICMPs such as www.microsoft.com. You can
MK> set a timeout value of 5 secs using: arping -w5 hostaddress.

MK> Anybody know any more info about this command, information seems to be
MK> scarce about it. 

MK> I use Nesssus, but have not really delved into the inner workings. Would
MK> there be any easy way to incorporate arping into it?

MK> Thanks
MK>  Max



-- 
Best regards,
 Rick                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to