Hi,
I just downloaded and began to install nessus-2.0.1.  Compilation and
installation of nessus-libraries-2.0.1 went smoothly, but libnasl-2.0.1
failed with the following error:

gcc -pipe -g -O2   `sh ./cflags` -I.
-I/usr/share/src/nessus-2.0.1/libnasl/include -o nasl
-DVERSION=\"2.0.1\" nasl.c nasl_packet_forgery.o nasl_socket.o
nasl_crypto.o nasl_http.o nasl_host.o nasl_text_utils.o
nasl_nessusd_glue.o nasl_misc_funcs.o capture_packet.o
nasl_grammar.tab.o nasl_tree.o nasl_var.o exec.o nasl_lex_ctxt.o
nasl_func.o nasl_init.o strutils.o regex.o lfind.o nasl_debug.o -lrpcsvc
`/usr/local/bin/nessus-config --libs` 
nasl_crypto.o: In function `nasl_md4':
/usr/share/src/nessus-2.0.1/libnasl/nasl/nasl_crypto.c:100: undefined
reference to `MD4'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/../../../../i586-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: 
final link failed: Input/output error
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [nasl] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/share/src/nessus-2.0.1/libnasl/nasl'


Has anyone else encountered this failure?

Can anyone advise me as to the correct way to resolve it?

I've searched the archives and can find nothing relevant, except for a
post in February reporting a similar - but not identical - compile
failure in libnasl to which no-one apparently ever replied (at least,
not on-list).

Thanks.


-- 
 .*********  Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk.  *********.
 : phil stracchino : unix ronin : renaissance man : mystic zen biker geek :
 :  [EMAIL PROTECTED] : [EMAIL PROTECTED] : [EMAIL PROTECTED]  :
 :   2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)   :
 :    Linux Now!   ...Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.    :

Reply via email to