On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 09:53:02AM -0500, lyhong wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I have 3 questions about nessus 2.0.1 installation.(I installed it the 
> boring way  by downloading all 4 files):
> 
> 1.  in redhat 8.0  I had serious problem to  install nessus-core. 
> "./configure"  said that  it found gtk-2.0 in my system and it would be 
> extremenly buggy to compile the client with it.  The fact is  redhat 8.0 
> comes with both gtk+-1.2.10 and gtk+-2.0.  I tried several times to get 
> rid of gtk+-2.0  w/o success and although I deleted all the gtk+-2.0 
> files I could find, nessus-core still complained.   At the end, I 
> compile it with  the option --disable-gtk which worked.  But then I 
> cannot run nessus in X.  More to it later.

Install gtk+-devel-1.2.10 and try again.


> 2.  in Crux distro, which only has gtk+-1.2, nessus installed smoothly. 
> But  the man page did not work.  I suspect that nessus requires some 
> dependency packages  since man page works fine in redhat 8.0

Nessus installs its man pages under $prefix/man/. It's very likely that
your distribution only sets MANPATH to /usr/man/ (or /usr/doc/man/ or
/usr/share/man/).

Solution : export MANPATH=$MANPATH:/usr/local/man



                                -- Renaud

Reply via email to