I had no problem installing 2.0.1 in RH8, and the same boring (and
effective) way! 
Have you ever tried 2.0.1?
 
Marlon S. M. Dias ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
 
-----Mensagem original-----
De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Em nome de lyhong
Enviada em: Monday, March 17, 2003 11:53
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Assunto: nessus 2.0 installation


Hi,

I have 3 questions about nessus 2.0.1 installation.(I installed it the 
boring way  by downloading all 4 files):

1.  in redhat 8.0  I had serious problem to  install nessus-core. 
"./configure"  said that  it found gtk-2.0 in my system and it would be 
extremenly buggy to compile the client with it.  The fact is  redhat 8.0

comes with both gtk+-1.2.10 and gtk+-2.0.  I tried several times to get 
rid of gtk+-2.0  w/o success and although I deleted all the gtk+-2.0 
files I could find, nessus-core still complained.   At the end, I 
compile it with  the option --disable-gtk which worked.  But then I 
cannot run nessus in X.  More to it later.

2.  in Crux distro, which only has gtk+-1.2, nessus installed smoothly. 
But  the man page did not work.  I suspect that nessus requires some 
dependency packages  since man page works fine in redhat 8.0

3.  So, I kind of  get nessus working in both distros. But I am curious 
to know what is the difference bewteen  GUI enable nessus(in crux) and 
no GUY nessus9in redhat 8.0).  So far, not much difference except that 
in crux, I can run nessus in kde but still in terminal windows.

Expect  to hear from you soon.



---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.462 / Virus Database: 261 - Release Date: 13/03/2003
 

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.462 / Virus Database: 261 - Release Date: 13/03/2003
 

Reply via email to