Hello,
I have tried many times to compile Nessus on Cygwin, but keep getting bison/flex errors in libnasl. This despite the fact that I have: - the latest nessus sources, and have performed a 'make distclean' between all attempts at compiling; - the *entire* latest cygwin package, including cygnome running; - manually downloaded, compiled, and installed flex 2.5.31 & bison 1.875 sources with success; - the latest copies of winpcap, windump, wpcapsrc, and wpdpack installed; and - (successfully, I believe) created a 'root' cygwin account to compile nessus. I have tried: - compiling both with and without the following '/.configure' flags: '--without-pcap' and '--without-plugins' - using 'nessus-installer.sh' Questions: - Would it help to copy/replace files in "/usr/local/src/nessus-libraries-2.0.9/libpcap-nessus" with any files from winpcap, wpcapsrc, or wpdpack? I've tried this with certain files, but might be missing an important detail... - When compiling, should I use the '--without-pcap' flag? what about the '--without-plugins' flag? - Is a cygwin 'root' account needed to compile nessus? - I have a Win2k machine with SP4; it wouldn't make a difference on an XP machine, would it? - What am I doing wrong?! Flex and bison are obviously installed, so I honestly don't think it's them. I (humbly) suspect two things: - the libpcap source files; - the configure script in 'libraries' and/or 'libnasl': I'm not sure they fully link to the folders on my install of cygwin. I am happy to do a lot of grunt/debug work (in addition to what I already have), but at this point need pointers from all you wonderful nessus experts out there!! :) For what it's worth, I had absolutely no problem compiling nessus on a Redhat machine, but I can't bring that with me on my daily travels. :-( I have attached a small 7k file with the text output of my efforts; hope that's ok. Kind regards, Natalie ps - Hans, thanks for the help!! :)
nessus.zip
Description: Binary data
|
This email contains a ZIP attachment. We recommended you download Archive XP to extract the files inside this compressed attachment. Archive XP integrates with Outlook 2000/2002, transparently compressing your email attachments, just like this email you received. It also makes archives appear as regular folders in Explorer, so you can easily browse, compress, and extract your archives. It supports 25 archive types for compression and 40 for extraction. If you already have a compression tool installed on your computer which can extract ZIP files, you do not need to download Archive XP to extract this attachment. |
_______________________________________________ Nessus mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
