Renaud,

Thank you very much for the reply below.  Unfortunately, at this time I am
not able to afford either the $500 or $3000 products.  Within 12 months,
however, it is my goal to do so.

As I have been *very* interested in learning to compile for the last 10
years, and *love* your nessus project, I plan on working with a friend or
two to try and compile nessus using threads() instead of fork(); I expect it
should be a great learning experience - both in terms of programming, and in
terms of learning how nessus works and to get the most out of it!  If you
can offer any suggestions in this manner, I would, of course, love to hear
them!!

As I mentioned, once I have the money, I plan on buying the Pro version in
about a year.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Natalie

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Renaud Deraison
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 9:28 AM
To: 'Discussion of Nessus software'
Subject: Re: libnasl compilation problem under cygwin - please help


On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 07:55:01AM -0500, Natalie Green wrote:
>  >  > Hello,
>  > I have tried many times to compile Nessus on Cygwin, but keep getting
> bison/flex errors in libnasl.

Cygwin is not a "supported" platform, and I really discourage you to compile
Nessus with it. The problem is that once everything is compiled, it will be
_uterly slow_, as Nessus uses tons of fork() system calls, which are
emulated in cygwin by a very painful process and that end up with a nessusd
one hundred times slower, so I really suggest you have a look at NeWT which,
although being a commercial product, is adapted to the Win32 platform.  That
being said, you can easily override the bison/flex internal error by
precompiling the file under a Linux system and copying it over.

-- Renaud _______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to