Erik,

Have you tried running that nikto command from the CLI directly? Does it
hang...or does it work?

That would be the simplest place to start, I would think.

-Sullo


Quoting Erik Stephens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Greetings,
> 
> I can cause a nessus process (version 2.0.10 w/ gcc 2.95.4) to hang when
> scanning a host (ip 10.0.0.5 in this case) that has a squid server
> listening (port 3128 in this case).  I'm not sure if this is a nessus,
> nikto, or squid issue.  A dump of the diagnostics that I was able to
> gather:
> 
> When strace'ing the nessusd process that runs the scan (1 level of
> forking deep I think), it will consistently hang at this point:
> 
>   < a whole bunch of select & recv calls >
>   waitpid
>   waitpid
>   sigreturn
>   send(4, "SERVER <|> NOTE <|> 10.0.0.5 <|>"..., 64999, 0) = 64999
>   recv(4,
> 
> In the nessusd.dump file, it will die shortly after running the
> nikto.pl script:
> 
>   nessus_popen: running nikto.pl - nikto.pl -h 10.0.0.5 -p 3128
>   fgets: EOF
> 
>   set key SentData/10864/NOTE/1 -> 136245768
>   set key Success/10864 -> 1
>   set key /tmp/Success/10864 -> 1
> 
> In the squid access log, the last entry that I see is a PROPFIND request,
> which I haven't researched what that entails yet:
> 
>   1077058572.408  3 10.0.0.6 TCP_DENIED/400 1448 PROPFIND / - NONE/-
> text/html
> 
> 
> Again, I don't know what to dive into: nessus, nikto, or squid.  Any
> thoughts?  Any better way of gathering some diagnostics?  Thanks.
> 
> 
> Best regards,
> Erik Stephens                                 www.edgeos.com
>                    Managed Vulnerability Assessment Services
> _______________________________________________
> Nessus mailing list
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
> 


-- 

http://www.cirt.net/   |   http://www.osvdb.org/

_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to