I found the script nessus-update-plugins, but there is no line there
that reports this error. I wonder where the text comes from. Does
this script execute another one?

Also I cannot find a place where should I set $gzip to /usr/bin/gzip
and $fetch_cmd to /usr/bin/wget

Thanks for help in advance.

Regards
Peter

---- Wiadomość Oryginalna ----
Od: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Do: [email protected]
Data: Fri,  5 Aug 2005 14:31:54 +0200
Temat: update-plugins and uninstall problem

> Hello,
> 
> 1. I have a problem with nessus-update-plugins. I found many reports
> about it in the archives but it seems that there is no solution,
> 
> linux:/usr/local/sbin # nessus-update-plugins
> Error $fetch_cmd or $gzip are not set - abort
> 
> I have wget and gzip
> linux:/usr/local/sbin # wget
> wget: missing URL
> Usage: wget [OPTION]... [URL]...
> 
> Try `wget --help' for more options.
> linux:/usr/local/sbin # gzip
> gzip: compressed data not written to a terminal. Use -f to force
> compression.
> For help, type: gzip -h
> linux:/usr/local/sbin #
> 
> QUESTION: What to do to download plugins? And how can I edit this
> script (update-plugins) ??
> 
> 2. I wanted to remove nessus, so I typed "uninstall-nessus", the
> uninstallation seemed to go smoothly and it finished sucessfuly.
> Afterwards I typed "nessus" and nessus setup window opened. Did I
> miss anythcing? It looks like nessus has not been uninstalled at
> all. Any ideas??
> 
> Thanks for help.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Nessus mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
> 


_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to