On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 02:31:54PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> linux:/usr/local/sbin # nessus-update-plugins
> Error $fetch_cmd or $gzip are not set - abort

You have a version of Nessus prior to 2.2.x, and those versions are no
longer supported. Please upgrade; 2.2.5 is current.

> 2. I wanted to remove nessus, so I typed "uninstall-nessus", the
> uninstallation seemed to go smoothly and it finished sucessfuly.
> Afterwards I typed "nessus" and nessus setup window opened. Did I
> miss anythcing? It looks like nessus has not been uninstalled at
> all. Any ideas??

When you say "nessus setup window", do you mean the Nessus GUI?

Perhaps you had multiple instances installed; eg, under /usr and
/usr/local. You should definitely investigate this and ensure you've
removed all instances before you try installing the software again. Look
into both source and package-based (eg, rpm, emerge, pkgadd, etc) installs.

George
-- 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to