Also, if you're just doing one machine and not for anything
"official" (like a PCI DSS certification), you can just follow any one
of the ubiquitous "12 steps to PCI" documents all over the web and be
just fine.  Unless you're in a pretty complex environment, the regular
feed will give you a very good idea of how broken your stuff is.