I was referring to "Home feed" information if you need Nessus for non-commercial use - just to hone your skills. If you need PCI compliance, there are other ways to achieve and determine if you are compliant. I believe self-assessment questionere should be sufficient for small volume vendors. You can find all the information at:

https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/

Alex

kalin m wrote:

i can't pay $1200 a year to check if 3 machines are pci comliant every 6 months or so. just don't have it.

Alex wrote:
You didn't use it that much, did you? :)

It is all there on the web site:

http://www.nessus.org/plugins/index.php?view=register-info

Alex

kalin m wrote:

hi all... i used to use nessus at my old job (currently unemployed)... it was pretty cool.

now i had to get some license (?!?)

the thing is the email came with the 'license' and the following explanation on how to use it:
To activate your account, open the program 'Nessus Server Manager'
located under /Applications/Nessus/ and enter your activation
code in the program.
after a while of trying to figure out how/where to "enter" the code "in the program" - there is no prompt or anything, and no menu option - i just found the bin under Library and did the command line activation. passed that it took a while to get the new plugins. but still the plugins from the demo video are not there. there are some PCI audit pluggins i'd like to use. excuse me, test... it's not 'over a network'... cause you know, now that is, and i quote, "strictly prohibited". like it's a felony or something to try to figure out if your own machine is pci complient...

does anybody know where can i get those? i'd appreciate very much.

thanks....