On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:37:45 -0800 Stephen wrote:
SH> It is documented in snmp.conf(5) that setting clientaddr is supposed
SH> to be used as trap source address, but it doesn't work. The issue is
SH> that the configuration handler for this value is in snmplib which is not
SH> used in snmpd.

It should be used... snmpd calls init_snmp, which calls
register_default_handlers, which registers it.

I suspect you're putting clientaddr in snmpd.conf instead of snmp.conf. If you
want to do that, you have to prefix it for it to be recognized as a snmp.conf
token.. e.g.

 [snmp] clientaddr 192.168.1.99

If that's not the case, further debugging is needed...