From: dave.shi...@googlemail.com on behalf of Dave Shield
Sent: Mon 3/15/2010 8:47 PM
To: Srikapilan Gandhi (WT01 - Telecom Equipment)
Cc: net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: snmpwalk causes agent to coldStart

On 15 March 2010 13:40,  <srikapilan.gan...@wipro.com> wrote:
> I have configured a snmp V3 user with authNoPriv,
> I have associated a snmp  host to this user.

What do you mean by this?
What is the exact configuration you are using?

(Feel free to mask out any passwords, etc,
 but it is helpful to know as much detail as possible)

> I do a snmpwalk with  this user but with -l authPriv, my query times out,
> but it causes my agent to ColdStart.
> I get a core ( Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault ).

Do you get any response at all, or does the query fail immediately?
What happens if you try a single "snmpgetnext" request rather than a full walk?
What if you try with "-l authNoPriv" rather than "authPriv"?  What happens then?

Dave