On 15 May 2012 17:02, Douglas Hubler <doug...@hubler.us> wrote:
> Oh right, I can either wrap my commands that restart processes with a trap
> command, thanks!

That should work, yes - but I don't think it's what Richard meant.

The DisMan Event MIB is designed to detect "interesting" events,
and:
    a)  trigger an internal SET request
             (which you are currently using to fix the problem)
or
    b)  send a notification
              (which you were asking about)

I've never actually tried to have one "monitor" line trigger both
types of event, but it might work.   At the very least, you could
have two monitor entries - one to send the trap, and one to
apply the fix.

Dave