On 17 December 2012 01:18, Zheng, Wenjie (Barclay)
<barclay.zh...@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your response, it's really helps.
> Is there an example I can refer that SNNP can retrieve data from outside?

Hmmm...
   there are probably not many examples of using the iterator to
walk through external data.

   As I indicated last week, it's not exactly the most efficient of
the table helpers, so a more common technique is to read in a
snapshot of the external data, cache it, and use that cache to
process incoming requests.   The cache is only reloaded when
it's deemed "too old".

  A quick look through the code shows about a dozen modules
that use the iterator helper.  Some of these (nsCache, nsDebug, etc)
are reporting on internal data anyway, so aren't really relevant here.
Probably the most promising for you to look at would be

    examples/netSnmpHostTable{,_access}.c
          which uses a variant of the iterator approach to read
          from /etc/hosts
or
    mibII/icmp.c
    mibII/ipCidrRouteTable.c
    mibII/tcpTable.c
    mibII/udpTable.c

which are probably the closest to what you're trying to do.

Dave