Hi net-snmp coders,

At my workplace we use net-snmp heavily.

We have number of Linux systems running ZFS using zfsonlinux [1].
Unfortunately we don't get storage monitoring on its mounts out of the box
at the moment.

I also noticed that EXT4 and BTRFS don't seem to be supported - at least
not based on this code from agent/mibgroup/host/hr_filesys.c:

    #ifdef linux
    #define MNTTYPE_CD9660 "iso9660"
    #define MNTTYPE_EXT2FS "ext2"
    #define MNTTYPE_EXT3FS "ext3"
    #define MNTTYPE_SMBFS "smbfs"
    #define MNTTYPE_MSDOS "msdos"
    #define MNTTYPE_FAT32 "vfat"
    #define MNTTYPE_NTFS "ntfs"
    #define MNTTYPE_NFS4 "nfs4"
    #endif /* linux */

I'd like to patch net-snmp to include support for ZFS, BTRFS and EXT4
volumes under Linux. I'd appreciate some pointers about what else I should
change.

The only other obvious thing to look at is the switch on FS type in
var_hrfilesys() (same file), but I tried that and it didn't immediately
work. Before I jump and debug I'd like to know if there's any other obvious
big changes I should be making.

Many thanks,

Lena

[1] http://zfsonlinux.org/