On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 at 18:45, Bart Van Assche <bvanass...@acm.org> wrote:

> I think this is the callchain for registering the ports that the agent
> listens on:

[...]

> One possible approach is to implement the .f_setup_session() callback in
> the TCP transport and to make it copy the port information from the
> transport into the session.

Hi Bart,

Thank you for the very helpful information about the call chain for
registering the agent listening ports, and for the possible suggestions on
how to get the port number into the session.

I am going to look into this and try it all out.

My hope and expectation is that this leads to a good patch acceptable for
the Net-SNMP project!

Regards,

Teus