Hi gents,

What is the trick to enabling DES encryption ?

I have "with-openssl=yes" in my configure script.

I have added " createUser <blah> MD5 "A_passphrase" DES "X_passphrase"" to /var/net-snmp/snmpd.log

and  " rwuser <blah> Priv" to /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

I get the message "Encryption is not enabled"

when I try

"snmpwalk -v 3 -u <blah> -a MD5 -A "A_passphrase" -x DES -X "X_passphrase" -l Priv cpe1"

Best regards
Steve