Hi.

ujjwal wrote:
Hi,

I am writing the new mib which contains multiple tables. What I observed
is if my table contains some column name (say ifIndex) which matches
with column from some standard mib, mib2c is using the column from the
standard mib and not my mib. Is it that snmp libraries are doing the
flat global parsing ?
I think so. You should be able to change this beahviour by changing the env. vars MIBS and MIBDIRS: you can have a try.

Is there any rule that all the names should be
unique across all the mibs ? I am expecting my column names will be used
in context of my table.
The rule exists and I STRONGLY suggest you to respect it.

RFC3512:

   Object descriptors (the "human readable names" assigned to object
   identifiers [2]) defined in standard MIB modules should be unique
   across all MIB modules.  Generally, a prefix is added to each managed
   object that can help reference the MIB module it was defined in.  For
   example, the IF-MIB uses "if" prefix for descriptors of object types
   such as ifTable, ifStackTable and so forth.

So, in your module you should use something like ujjIndex, not ifIndex.

Thanks,
Ujjwal

Hope it works,

gn