Why does the error message, announcing the segmentation fault,
look as if it comes from the DLL (kernel32.dll), and not from snmpd?

Could it be that the segmentation fault owes its observation to a
failure of MS programmers to handle a GPF?

MS code is well know to be full of bugs, so perhaps the problem is
not with gdb, or snmpd, or cygwin.

I suppose I could be wrong but, on the face of it, the reported error
suggests (to me) that the problem is with MS code.

William R. Buckley