Thanks Dave. This I will read.

The reason why I asked this was because I am using the Single API
functions equivalent to the Traditional API functions used in
ucd-snmp-0.4.2.5 's snmpget application. Till now I was using only
v2c(and everything worked fine), but now I wanted to get it running for
v3 also.

In my application the snmptrapd's code and snmpget/set's code work in
parallel. Evevrything used to work fine till v2c. But when I start my
application I get error as :
Unknown token: engineBoots
Unknown token: oldEngineId

I am not able to understand why it gives this error message in the
beginning. I am trying to dig out more. But if someone can pinpoint then
it will be fast for me.