Hi Dave, Thanks again. Could you possibly explain why an snmpbulkwalk command would work on my MIB when the non-repeater value is set to 1 and fail when not set at all? As my original email specified, if a snmpbulkwalk is done on one of my tables I get: No more variables left in this MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree) If the -Cn1 is set then no such problem. The real problem is trying to walk multiple tables in one snmpbulkwalk, as it can't go from one to another if it receives the "No more" after the first. - John

--- On Thu 05/26, Dave Shield < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote: From: Dave Shield [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED] To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:11:47 +0100 Subject: Re: array-user snmpbulkwalk worked for a table not entire mib On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 15:48, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> does setting the
> non-repeater value to 1 have a similar functional effect to the a
> command as the max-repetitions?

No - the two fields have completely different purposes.

A single GetBulk request is basically equivalent to one
GetNext request (with "non-repeater" varbinds) followed
by "max-repetitions" GetNext requests (each containing
the remaining varbinds).

So
GetBulk( non=2, max=3) A B C D E

is equivalent to:

GetNext A B
GetNext C D E
GetNext C' D' E'
GetNext C" D" E"

If max=1, then this becomes

GetNext A B
GetNext C D E

which is exactly equivalent to

GetNext A B C D E

It's the max-repetitions field that really distinguishes
GetBulk from GetNext requests. Hence setting this to 1
is pointless.

Dave

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com