        You tried both these steps, in order, for both browsers, correct?

        Try pointing that browser at a different string value and changing it
to something shorter.  Seems to me it isn't managing its buffers correctly.  If
the different string (make sure it isn't vital!) has similar problems, then
your browser is at fault.  Otherwise, it's your code - are you perhaps not
properly terminating the string?

        HTH,

Mike