---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: mohamad hosein jafari <smhjafar...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Subject: Re: SNMPTRAP doesn't work
To: Mohammad Waqas Athar <mohwaqa...@hotmail.com>

Thanks

I run snmp trap demon and I get answer like this
]# snmptrapd -f -C -c /tmp/snmptrapd.conf -Le
/tmp/snmptrapd.conf: No such file or directory
/tmp/snmptrapd.conf: No such file or directory
Warning: no access control information configured.
This receiver will *NOT* accept any incoming notifications.
NET-SNMP version 5.3.2.2 .......

and after that this process take long time and I should stop it

- but about I think I have problem in snmptrapd.conf because when I run
snmptrap I don't have any error but I don't have anything in my log file
I set my snmptrapd.conf like this :
logOption f /var/log/snmptraps.log
authCommunity log,execute,net  public

and in this path : /etc/sysconfig/snmpd.options   I set like this :

 OPTIONS="-Lsd -Lf /dev/null -p /var/run/snmpd.pid -a -x (MY IP)"

and also I turnd my IPtable off for test but I dont have anything in my log
file after I run snmptrap .

I TEST my request in debian and I get true answer but in CentOS I didn't
get any answer