On 3 January 2013 15:59, Alberto Andrés Rodríguez <pitu1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> when I'm
> doing the following command in order to get the iproutingtable from a host
> of my network I received the following message:
>
> snmptable -v 2c -c public localhost .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.21
> or
> snmptable -v 2c -c public "IP node" IP-MIB::ip.ipRouteTable
>
> I get response like this:
>
> RFC1213-MIB::ipRouteTable: No entries

What is reported if you issue an "snmpgetnext" command with the same OID?

> But I'm absolutly sure that IP route table is not empty and SNMP is
> configured correctly because I have several routes in the routing table when
> I type route or show bgp route in the BGP configuration

Having routes displayed in the routing table means that the kernel knows
about them.   That's not necessarily the same as the SNMP agent knowing
about them.  Nor does it automatically mean that the SNMP agent will
be prepared to report this information.

But let's start with the first question - what does the snmpgetnext
command show?