All,

I have a simple table implemented (meets all the 'simple' table rules) but
noticing a strange thing and needs clarification.

This simple table handler routine is called with 'name' OID
lexicographically smaller than the prefix OID for getNext request.
Question 1:
   should the handler just return MATCH_FAILED as this handler can't
possibly get the value for this requested OID? If this is rejected, will it
break SNMP compliance for getNext?

Question 2:
  The else-if part of header_simple_table() (Line 70-80), seems to copy the
requested OID to newname rather than the prefix. This has an adverse impact
for a case like this:
prefix OID: EID.8888.1.3.4.1.1
name OID: EID.8888.1.1.22.1.2.43 (compound index; index1=2;index2=43) and
this is the last index of this table . I expected the prefix is copied to
newname rather than the name. Am I missing something here? If possible, can
you briefly explain the objective of the conditional statements in
header_simple_table (the exact case is clear to me though)?

66     if (((int) *length) <= (int) vp->namelen || rtest == -1) {
 67         memmove(newname, vp->name, (int) vp->namelen * sizeof(oid));
 68         newname[vp->namelen] = 1;
 69         *length = vp->namelen + 1;
 70     } else if (((int) *length) > (int) vp->namelen + 1) {       /*
exact case checked earlier */
 71         *length = vp->namelen + 1;
 72         memmove(newname, name, (*length) * sizeof(oid));
 73         if (name[*length - 1] < MAX_SUBID) {
 74             newname[*length - 1] = name[*length - 1] + 1;
 75         } else {
 76             /*
 77              * Careful not to overflow...
 78              */
 79             newname[*length - 1] = name[*length - 1];
 80         }

Thanks
Pal