MANSOUR NASERI <man_nas...@yahoo.com> writes:

> snmpTargetAddrStorageType----------->readOnly(5)

> after I set all of them , return an error that I can not write
> snmpTargetAddrStorageType >readOnly(5)

1) You can't set a row to readOnly.  The readOnly status means it came
   from a config file.  You'd want to set it to "createAndGo" when you
   create your rows via SNMP.

> Instance -----------> internal0

2) Don't use "internal" as a prefix...  That's really just for internal
   usage when generating keys.  You can use any string you like, but try
   something like "mynotifications" instead.

> but I can write snmpTargetAddrStorageType >other(1)

3) you want the storageType to be nonVolitile so it'll save your data
   across an agent reboot.

> snmpTargetParamsMPModel----------->0
> snmpTargetParamsSecurityModel----------->1
> snmpTargetParamsSecurityName----------->public
> snmpTargetParamsSecurityLevel----------->noAuthNoPriv(1)
> snmpTargetParamsStorageType----------->readOnly(5)
> snmpTargetParamsRowStatus----------->active(1)
>

> snmpNotifyTable:
>
> Instance -----------> internal0
> snmpNotifyName(IDX, IMP) ----------->Not accessible
> snmpNotifyTag ----------->internal0
> snmpNotifyType ----------->trap(1)
> snmpNotifyStorageType ----------->readOnly(5)
> snmpNotifyRowStatus ----------->active(1)
>

> most of the time ,snmpTargetParamsRowStatus----------->notReady(3)(I
> dont know why)

That would indicate something is missing in the row so it can't become
active.  Or that you set it to "createAndWait" instead, which makes it
stay in the notReady state until you manually set it to "active".

--
Wes Hardaker
SPARTA, Inc.