Found:
hjj@xxx:~/snmptr % grep 'write(2, ' strace-80.txt
write(2, "No log handling enabled - turnin"..., 52) = 52
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (entPhysi"..., 94) = 94
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (entPhysi"..., 96) = 96
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (entPhysi"..., 94) = 94
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (entPhysi"..., 98) = 98
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (entityMa"..., 96) = 96
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (entityLo"..., 97) = 97
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (entityGe"..., 96) = 96
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (entityPh"..., 98) = 98
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (entityPh"..., 98) = 98
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (entityPh"..., 97) = 97
hjj@new:~/snmptr % grep 'write(2, ' strace-81.txt
write(2, "No log handling enabled - turnin"..., 52) = 52
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (ifGenera"..., 117) = 117
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (ifGenera"..., 117) = 117
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (ifGenera"..., 117) = 117
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (ifGenera"..., 117) = 117
write(2, "Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (ifGenera"..., 117) = 117
hjj@xxx:~/snmptr %
So there are some error messages...

Below are some guesses made without code reading!

For some reason DOCS-IF-M-CMTS-MIB is not read at all on "81". It's only opened once to read mib module name. Why is it lost from the discovery of mibs in directory to the reading phase?

Could there be a table max on number of mib modules that can be handled?

Your 2100+ mib modules seems high.
Use and load of mibs could be another talk!

/hjj