Thanks for your feedback, everyone. It's a big help. It seems to work
pretty broadly... except for iOS, but I was expecting that. Apple decided
long ago to be a little anal about webaudio and don't allow for the audio
to autostart.

This is but a small part of a bigger project I'm working on that still
needs a lot of work. I'll keep you all posted.

Pall

--
P Thayer, Artist
http://pallthayer.dyndns.org