Will try to be there as well, thanks!

Best, Alan

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019, Edward Picot via NetBehaviour wrote:

Thanks for posting this, Helen. I'll certainly try to watch.

Edward

On 11/04/2019 14:35, Helen Varley Jamieson wrote:

      A Cultural Response to the Climate and Ecological Emergency

      Join us online on the 12th of April in this global live reading
      of letters from humans to the Earth, coinciding with the
      Global?Youth Strike for Climate and as part of the lead up to
      Extinction Rebellion?s International Rebellion.

      When: Friday 12 April, 9pm - 11pm CET. Find your local time
      here.
      Where: There will be a link to the live stage here, shortly
      before the performance begins.

We are facing an unprecedented global emergency, the planet is in
crisis and we are in the midst of a mass extinction event. Scientists
believe we have entered a period of abrupt climate breakdown. Carbon
emissions and temperatures keep rising; ecological collapse has begun.
On this course we are likely?to see abrupt and irreversible devastation.
The time for denial is over ? we know the truth about climate change. It
is time to act.

Letters to the Earth is a joint day of action on Friday 12 April 2019:
letters written by people from around the world will be read out at
theatres, arts venues, community spaces around the UK, and online in
UpStage. The pieces will then be made rights free and available for
anyone to download and present anywhere in the world from 15th ? 28th
April, coinciding with the International Extinction Rebellion and
School Strike For Climate. These pieces could be taken up to be
presented and performed globally, when hundreds of thousands of people
will be taking to the streets worldwide to demand that governments
tell the truth about climate collapse and act accordingly.

The readings in UpStage will be performed by Clara Gomes, Miljana Peri?,
Katarina Djordjevi? Urosevi?, Lyn Cunningham, Suzon Fuks and Helen Varley
Jamieson.

Please remember: UpStage does not work on tablets or smartphones as it
requires Flash to deliver everything to the browser. We are working on
a new platform that doesn?t require Flash, but it takes time and money!
(If you can help us, please donate to UpStage.)

--

helen varley jamieson

he...@creative-catalyst.com
http://www.creative-catalyst.com