ha ha!
I love the idea that we should use this moment in which  hugging is
generally "out of style" to start hugging trees.

I have been very drawn to indigenous perspectives.
Last year I also recently read Robin Wall Kimmerer's Braiding Sweetgrass
<https://blackwells.co.uk/bookshop/product/9780141991955?gC=5a105e8b&gclid=CjwKCAiAouD_BRBIEiwALhJH6GZ5gyqg2MYBiRmwWF4VSEANDvu-n8a0nrZlpcku-_F9NPc6UonD-BoCtA8QAvD_BwE>
which
braids "Western" botanical science with indigenous American epistomologies.
And then this astonishing All My Relations podcast
<https://www.allmyrelationspodcast.com/>created by 2 intersectional
feminist indigenous American women.
In both the book and the podcast I was initially drawn by the
chapters/episodes about language-loss and then stayed for the relational
lens on all aspects of life which resonates for me with DIWO approaches to
network culture.

I'm planning to join the tree-becoming event tomorrow. : )
Ruth