Dear Ruth,

It is so lovely to hear from you. Thank you for reading and watching and for
your kind words.

How are you doing now?

One of the reasons why I returned to Linz (which I didn't write about in my
blog) is that my sister-in-law, Peter's sister Moni, had a heart attack last
year, which was very close and very scary. She was still struggling with the
effects of that when her husband was diagnosed with a massive brain tumor. He
managed to survive 12 hours of surgery, and he has been responding well to
chemo, but his life expectancy is severely limited now. I came back to be with
Moni, because while she puts on a brave face for everyone else, she can talk
to me honestly about her fears and worries.

So when I ask how you are doing now, it's not meant to be a trivial or
superficial question.

But all the well-wishes coming through the list now are a moving tribute to
you and Marc and the community you have brought together. I hope you feel
surrounded by love.

And if you would like to chat, please just let me know. I have my own BBB
space and a laptop to use it now.

Sending you good energy from Austria,
Aileen

P.S. Speaking of well-wishes, this is a song from Christopher's pandemic EP,
which ends with well-wishes in over 30 languages, including four or five voices
from Calafou:
https://selbstlaut.bandcamp.com/track/kin-ft-elias-hirschl-selbstlaut-elias-hirschl-are-ein-gespenst
Wishing you and Marc all of them.