The talk I referred to was given in either 2002 or 2003. Interesting that we
were essentially saying the same thing about the requirement for constant
connectivity. But then again this was an issue that was being somewhat
widely discussed if I recall correctly.

The reason I tagged the 2.0 on there was in reference to the term "Web 2.0".
To me the whole idea behind "Web 2.0", where content is being updated
constantly, day and night, every day, has a lot to offer for netart at a
conceptual level. The idea that a work of art can at any given moment be
reflecting not just semi-current but immediately current contemporary trends
and issues regardless of the age of the work, I find highly intriguing.

best r.
Pall