> anymore. But I still fly about once a month, with two or three long-hauls a
> year. What can I do? Stop showing art? Shift my practice from installation

I would assume that the shorter flights are more destructive than the
"long-hauls" as it takes a lot more energy to put a plane in the sky
than it does to keep it there.

As I mentioned before, living on an island, split between tectonic
plates, doesn't leave me a lot of options but when given the
opportunity, I really enjoy traveling by land. I like taking trains
across France or the bus from Boston to Montreal. Even the 10 hour
(each way) train trip from Montreal to New York (driving takes 6 - 7
hours) was a treat. Looking out the window at the tops of the clouds
gets really boring after a while. But I really do wonder how these
forms of travel compare when the number of passengers is also figured
into the mix. If you compare a plane from Boston to Montreal to the
bus, is there really a significant difference in fossil fuel
consumption when you also figure in the fact that it might take 3 or 4
buses to transport a single flight's passengers as well and all of the
fuel used to maintain the roads?