Hi Karen,

Thanks for the link to NetochkaNezvanova...

Here is more info,

"Netochka Nezvanova - Pseudonym of an inter-media group of artists and
software authors. Included among their products is the real-time video
Various personifications are used for the public appearances of
Nezvanova. The mailing lists are composed in a cryptic and poetic
«English +,» an English modified by ASCII signs and polyglot word
fragments. Mixed in their messages one finds a polemic, critique of
capitalism, with informative philosophical statements. Many refer to the
group’s restrictive language and aesthetic mannerism as a cheap
attitude. Others are fascinated by the ongoing riddle of its personality
and unique poetry. This being has different pseudonyms, such as
(after an unfinished novel by Feodor Dostoevski), and it uses the domain
different mailing lists." 1999.
http://www.medienkunstnetz.de/artist/nezvanova/biography/

marc

http://meatballwiki.org/wiki/NetochkaNezvanova