after 3 or 4 or more hours at work i'm allowed a half hour unpaid
break. if i've been lazy before leaving home for work then i need to
spend my break time in the supermarket next door to the factory
hunting for food (that won't poison me through sloppy preparation).
after working on a machine in the factory it seems that people in the
supermarket, especially the tills, move in slow motion. i'm standing
there watching the man pull money out of his wallet in slow motion. it
seems to take 5 minutes. i could have made 4 and a half buckets in
that time. speed the fuck up. move goddam you. i don't want to spend
my break stood in this queue. i'm angry. the checkout girl looks young
and i don't want to intimidate her. she spends an age fiddling about
with the cash drawer. what is she doing? i feel i'll intimidate
through my impatience and feeling alive and pumped up ready to move
right now. move. then i go back to the factory and sit in the mess
room in silence because its rare for people to speak to each other in
there and almost everyone sits alone to a table. then i go back to
work for another 3 or 4 hours. if i'm lucky i'm on a machine i can
walk away from if i need the toilet. if i'm lucky i can just stop the
machine without it fucking up. i'll work in silence on automatic alone
in my head listening to music letting it transport me away from the
factory. then i'll go home and it'll be half ten at night if i'm on
lates like i am this week. i'll be home and speak to my girlfriend
cuddle and kiss and then sit at my computer and write code. my
girlfriend is usually tired at this time and it's not long before she
goes to bed. i write code til two am. debugging. can't find the
problem. i don't know the solution yet. it's a tough one.

--
_
: http://jwm-art.net/