@BishopZ, your groupings are masterful, thank you! And @Isabel too for the
pictorialization.

The idea of a catalogue of social taxonomy of net behavior was not
intended to categorize the participants, rather, it was an effort to
identify (seriously & playfully) the various types of behaviors we (and
everyone else) exhibit in our networked practices,  online social
engagement, and the socio-political perspectives we formulate from our net
experiences. Our conversation over the first week was a richly layered
collection of net behaviorisms: an opportunity for reflecting on these
tendencies to better talk about them, analyze them, critique them, and
understand them. None of us exhibit only one type of net behavior, whether
it be cynicism, or poeticism, anger, or play: in our everyday lives we are
all multi-textured individuals.

In the world of database technology, the word category is synonymous with
taxonomy, which is simply a tool for grouping concepts hierarchically. The
hierarchical approach to sorting out concepts & ideas is fundamental to
how we learn, analyze, and extract meaning & symbolic value. So
categorization is a powerful means for conceptual reasoning: in this case
I excavated our own utterances to assemble a list of tendencies in order
to initiate a larger, constructive dialogue concerning the main topic of
this discussion: netbehavior.

So please excuse if any you thought you were being pigeon holed or unduly
categorized, rather, it was my intent to use our discussion as a
laboratory for critique, a sampling of comments from highly accomplished
individuals of the networked practice to serve as a case study for our
discussion concerning the impact of the net on the way we work, play,
think and engage with one another.

I look forward to the continuing conversation and of course your artistic
renderings.

Randall