On Tue, 25 Aug 2015, Bj?rn Magnhild?en wrote:

a heap is one of the most stable structures.

not really, they form interesting studies I think in catastrophe theory! the first altered mocap piece I ever did was at WVU; it was a short video called 'heap' and involved tossing the sensor cables into a pile on the floor and recording the results of the figure distortion -

anyway, reading the jungle of ideas in the text and discussion, though
heavy and depressing  in parts, but considering the state of the world
at large, and as a state, it's likely to the point, but disquieting to
the bone.

yes, the world seems disquieting, a good word to describe things...

thanks!, Alan