On Wed, 25 May 2016, at 07:17 AM, Antonio Roberts wrote:
> I recently made an ident for MTV that was shown everywhere apart from
> the UK. This was due to the ident containing "Potentially Harmful"
> content. I've never worked in broadcast before and, whilst I know
> flashing imagery should be avoided, I didn't know stripes were
> disallowed.

I wouldn't have thought of that either but stripes moving at speed will
flash. This is like a car driving through the shadows cast by tree
branches on a sunny day.

> I've described this whole process here
> http://www.hellocatfood.com/potentially-harmful/
>
> Does this render a lot of glitch art/new media/digital art
> unboradcastable?

You've created art that is resistant to media distribution.

In 2016.

That's awesome!

And potential problems are identified by machine -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harding_test

Which makes this an example of algorithmic critique as well.

So to answer your question - more energetic examples of glitch/new media
would need a certificate.  I wonder if institutions that collect such
art have access to Harding testing?