Another informative blog here from Max. http://networkcultures.org/moneylab/2016/07/12/%C2%ADblockchain-bureaucracy/

It certainly reflects many of my encounters with blockchain-engaged types in London so far. It's hard to overstate the extremities and contradictions that we've encountered in this area

The threat of this....
"The inability to imagine alternative use cases for p2p distributed networks to enable greater financial inclusion, citizen empowerment or civil organization will lead to the inevitable commercialization and privatization of blockchain, and bankers will fondly remember Bitcoin as the greatest gift the hackers ever made."

is a strong motivation for Furtherfield's work in this territory.

Look out for our upcoming Paper DAO workshops for artists and upstarts- planned for the autumn

And our open call for submissions to a new book Artists Re:thinking the Blockchain. (Deadline 1st October)
http://furtherfield.org/programmes/event/open-call-artists-rethinking-blockchain

Thanks Max!

Cheers
Ruth

Report from ‘blockchain for social good <https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/blockchains-social-good>‘ workshop at European Commission in June 2016/
/
--
/Upcoming >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/

Secret Post Office at Wilderness Festival <https://www.wildernessfestival.com/> | 4 - 7 August 2016 Secret Post Office at End of the Road Festival <http://endoftheroadfestival.com/> | 2 - 4 September 2016 A Hipster Bar at Ars Electronica Festival <http://www.aec.at/> | 8 - 12 September 2016

Forget Network - a monthly radio show on Itunes <https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/forgetnetwork/id1111827614> and Soundcloud <https://soundcloud.com/max-dovey>

MoneyLab <http://networkcultures.org/moneylab/> | 1 & 2 Dec 2016 | Pakhuis de Zwijger, Amsterdam

Co-founder Co-director
Furtherfield

www.furtherfield.org

+44 (0) 77370 02879

Unicorn hunter

Bitcoin Address 197BBaXa6M9PtHhhNTQkuHh1pVJA8RrJ2i

Furtherfield is the UK's leading organisation for art shows, labs, & debates
around critical questions in art and technology, since 1997

Furtherfield is a Not-for-Profit Company limited by Guarantee
registered in England and Wales under the Company No.7005205.
Registered business address: Ballard Newman, Apex House, Grand Arcade, Tally Ho Corner, London N12 0EH.