The tireless enchantment of technological sorcery | Ars Electronica 2016
Review.

By #KissMyArs - http://bit.ly/2ctU82g

A participant asks how Ars Electronica, one of the longest standing and
biggest media arts festivals in the world, has found itself so far
distanced from the political concerns surrounding technology?

"The alchemists of our time, or as I like to call them 'Dumb wizards', are
continuing to design and exhibit technological achievements in
self-fulfilling speculative words that have very little concern,
consideration or critique with any relevant social issues of our time.
Excluding the CyberArts exhibition (curated by Genoveva Rückert), which I
thought was a top selection of some of the best media art works of the last
years, Ars Electronica is predominantly occupied by interactive spectacles
that neglect to examine the social & political impact of technology."