Hi Michael,

Any reason you haven't used Strava for this? Combined with Instagram, it does everything you're talking about I think.

The Strava app uses your mobile's GPS to log your route, add a title and description/notes, etc. Instagram photos you take during the activity are automatically associated (once a/c linked). Various add-ons such as relive.cc

An example of one of my rides:

https://www.strava.com/activities/758410407
http://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/#758410407?c=u10u5crc&z=C&t=1O4qSJ
https://www.relive.cc/view/758410407