thank you for striking images, sounds and the writing.
out of sky a lot of things have fallen it seems,
i cannot articulate fear except fear for (the people in Houston
and my friends who stood in the water or looked up to the storm),
and then I pondererd, last week in Frankfurt, what I would have done back home
in
Houston, stayed put, evacuated, crawled through a hole I'd make onto the roof
as the water rises?

I was at the museum in Frankfurt to see "Kinetic Painting"

https://youtu.be/bsI_KDii8po

http://mmk-frankfurt.de/de/nc/ausstellungen/ausstellung-details/article/carolee_schneemann_kinetische_malerei/

a breathtaking retrospecticve of Carolee Schneemann's work;
but then I met up with a friend who lives there and she calmy tells me that 65
000
people would be evacuated on Sunday, as a heavy World War II british bomb HC
4000
has been found during construction work in the west end.

This reminded me that Gordana Novakovic, last spring, told me the same, her
Kilburn district in London
had to be evacuated, when they found a World War II german bomb there.

that war ended more than 70 years ago, and so I read Alan's poem in this light,
everything is there;
it has not ended in fact.

Johannes Birringer

[Alan Sondheim schreibt]
Sent: 04 September 2017 03:37

plane depth in the furious light of the leader's bomb

out of the sky falls more sky

http://www.alansondheim.org/pvd14.jpg

http://www.alansondheim.org/plane5.mp3
http://www.alansondheim.org/plane6.mp3
2nd radio, different frequencies, plane interior
you hear what the plane says
only what the plane says, its capability of your hearing

http://www.alansondheim.org/coupling.mp3
improvisation by changing antenna inductance with hands
(on the way to death i will do this music)

http://www.alansondheim.org/pvd15.jpg

we will die in the leader's bomb
these sounds will do no harm
furious the leaders square off in their squares
their squares are full of tyros marching batons,
    frayed conductances, unruly radiations

maze and meander obliterated, there are no paths among us
every direction is a path on a plain of scythes and glows

every image is there, michelangelo pulling from the rock
    (dead michelangelo pulled from the rock)

nothing moves and everything hurts,  what the plane drops

up from the ground rises more ground

out of the sky falls more sky