On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 5:29 AM, Stephan <stephan...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there anyone still interested in bringing NetBSD to the desktop?

It's already there, but I think I get your point.

My "lightweight" desktop OS of choice on older hardware is grudgingly
Lubuntu. I'm not a fan of Linux, but in this case it's pretty snappy and
apt-get works well. I install this on a USB stick and carry it around with
me.

If someone could build a live CD or light install that resembled Lubuntu
and had pkgin setup out of the box, I would be happy.

My #1 concern for newer users is easy connectivity with wifi. I haven't
seen a nice gui for wifi connectivity lately. If it exists, I need to check
it out...

Andy