Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo a écrit :
Hi Eric,

     Interesting, I'm reading it now that I finished one more changeset on the
generalisation of all the tcp_hashinfo routines, could you please take
a look at:

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/acme/timewait-2.6.14.git;a=summary

?

yes :)  Thanks for the link !

About
http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/acme/timewait-2.6.14.git;a=commitdiff;h=7d3cecee43811f9493bff3fa794bf30b77e4e3cd

Please move kmem_cache_t *bind_bucket_cachep; in a better place, not just after
spinlock_t portalloc_lock;

bind_bucket_cachep is a read only pointer (only written at boot time), and if you place it on a cache line that is heavily written (because of atomic counters and spinlocks), processors wont be able to cache a local copy of this pointer.

About inet_lhashfn() and other 'hash functions', its better to make them return 'unsigned int', so that 64 bits platforms dont have to sign extend when using the result to index a table. The generated code would be shorter.

Thank you

Good thing is that any optimization you do for TCP will be useful for
DCCP as well,
perhaps SCTP at some point :-)

- Arnaldo