David S. Miller writes:

 > For the host bound case, copybreak is always a way due to how
 > socket buffer accounting works.  If you use a 1500 byte SKB for
 > 64 bytes of data, this throws off all of the socket buffer
 > accounting because you're consuming more of the socket limit
 > per byte of data than necessary.

 After some sleep... I think copybreak is a bit misplaced.

 Why not remove copybreak from the drivers and do eventual copybreak after we
 have looked up the packet. This way we can get copybreak for all drivers and
 we can do this only for packets with has destination to localhost and ignore
 the forwarding packets.

 This will lead to an extra alloc in case of copybreak but it could possible
 to avoid this with some function giving copybreak feedback to driver i.e via
 netif_receive_skb_cpybrk() which tells driver if skb is consumed or not.

 Thoughs?

 Cheers.
                                        --ro

 Cheers.