❦ 30 mai 2016 17:19 CEST, Nicolas Dichtel <nicolas.dich...@6wind.com> :

>>> You should fix the error path. 'unregister_netdevice(dev)' is missing.
>>
>> I am sending another patch to fix that. I am quite unsure if I do the
>> right thing here.
>>
> A less intrusive fix is to call 'rtmsg_ifinfo(RTM_NEWLINK, peer, ~0U,
> GFP_KERNEL);' a the end of veth_newlink().

I did that at first. Maybe this would make more sense to do
that. Otherwise, the first message contains an iflink value that we
cannot resolve with just the received netlink messages (since the
information is in the next netlink message). "ip monitor" seems to be
able to get the info, but I suppose it does an additional
lookup.
--
Make sure every module hides something.