On 05/26/2017 04:29 AM, Saeed Mahameed wrote:
On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 11:48 PM, Jes Sorensen <jsoren...@fb.com> wrote:
On 05/25/2017 06:40 AM, Saeed Mahameed wrote:
Hi Jes,

No, It is clearly stated in the commit message :

"The FPGA is a bump-on-the-wire and thus affects operation of
the mlx5_core driver on the ConnectX ASIC."

Which means mlx5 FPGA user can only write logic which affects only
packets going in/out
A ConnectX chip - so it is only network stuff -.

We have this with other devices in the kernel where a primary device driver
provides an interface for an additional sub-driver to access another device
behind it. Like bt-coexist in some of the wifi drivers allowing access to a
bluetooth device behind it.

Blutooth over wifi or vise versa is a very good example to what you
are requesting.
But, it doesn't fit to what we are trying to do here. mlx5 FGPA is a
ConnectX card feature, not a new protocol.

In that case it would need to be an optional module that can be enabled or disabled at build time.

Cheers,
Jes